New, larger format -- even easier to read! -- edition of this classic self-help health title. Still includes the pull out chart. The original Bates Method book was a classic -- but in a tiny little A format and with a Victorian looking design that was hard to read -- and in much need of updating for today's market. So the new edition has an increased the page size and a clear, modern design that's easy to read and follow. The rationale behind the Bates Method is that if you wear glasses or contact lenses, chances are you don't really need to. Prescription lenses act as a prop for the eye muscles so over time the eyes actually get weaker. In the long term, glasses will only ever weaken the eyes. The Bates Method restores sight firstly with a series of exercises that relax and soothe the eye muscles -- the equivalent of massaging away tension build up -- and secondly retrains the relaxed eyes to focus effectively. The exercises are straightforward and easy to incorporate into daily life.
Author: William H. Bates
Edition: New edition
Number of Pages: 224
Publisher: HarperCollins s
Publication Date: 04 Dec 2000
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780007109005
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- This book was traded in by a user. As part of our sustainability commitment, we are committing 1% of the profits to support sustainable initiatives.
- When you shop with Thryft, we help you do more with your purchase. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books and clothes using more sustainable packaging options. Click here to learn more.
- Orders from Singapore above S$30 are eligible for free local delivery services.
- We typically pack and dispatch orders within 2-7 business days. After the order is dispatched, they typically arrive within the next business day. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- You can opt in for reusable e-commerce packaging if you are ordering 6 books or clothes or less! Click here to learn more.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store nor have access to your payment information.