This book focuses primarily on physical changes and common pathologies associated with the aging process, and also considers the psychological and social implications of these changes in the lives of older adults. Presented in a detailed, accurate, and readable format, the fifth edition is geared towards older adults as well as their caretakers. The authors use newly available research to delineate 'normal' aging from pathology. This new data present a more optimistic view of the aging process, indicating much greater personal control over aging through lifestyle modifications and preventative health strategies than previously recognized. With tips on how to use these strategies to create beneficial health behaviors, this volume is essential for practitioners in the helping professions, including gerontologists, nurses, social workers, psychologists, rehabilitation specialists, clergy, and counselors. This title includes: resources for older adults and those who work with them; practical hints for improving safety; selected bibliography; list of common medical abbreviations; and, glossary of medical terms.
Author: Sue V. Saxon
Number of Pages: 500
Publisher: Springer Publishing Co Inc
Publication Date: 30 Nov 2009
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780826104410
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.