Bestselling author Isabel Allende's first adult novel since 'Portrait in Sepia' - beautiful, disturbing and atmospheric.
Beneath the mask, there is a man. And in his heart burns the fire of injustice ...
Duels at dawn, fierce battles with pirates and impossible rescues - these are the deeds that forged the legend of Zorro. But where did the man begin?
Southern California, late 18th century: Diego de la Vega is a child of two worlds, his father an aristocratic Spaniard, his mother a Shoshone warrior. Growing up he witnesses the brutual injustices dealt to Native Americans. Later, following the example of his fencing master, the young Diego joins a secret movement devoted to helping the powerless. His first steps on the road to heroism have been taken.
But a great rival will emerge from the ranks of the cruel oppressors. How will Zorro defeat him? And will his childhood sweetheart Isabel claim the prize she so longs for - his true love?
Author: Isabel Allende
Number of Pages: 400
Publisher: HarperCollins UK
Publication Date: 02 May 2006
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780007201983
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.