Ro and Marcus have swapped London Life for a cottage in a peaceful country village. They want a safe, peaceful environment for their young son. At least, Marcus does. Secretly, Ro wonders how she'll cope with cowpats and snorting livestock. What Marcus and Ro agree on is the fact that their son isn't like most boys of his age. Tod is obsessed with mazes. He designs them, dreams about them, demands to visit them. When a newcomer threatens the 'best-kept' village status by allowing his garden to grow wild, Marcus starts a log of the lawn's height and condition. As the newcomer becomes the first friend her son has ever had, Ro is faced with a life-changing decision! Wonderboy is a story about what happens when a couple downshifts to the country, with a child who is scared of any animal bigger than a hamster. Can marriage survive when a man buys his wife a hoe for her birthday? And is the countryside any place to bring up a kid?
Author: Fiona Gibson
Number of Pages: 336
Publisher: HODDER & STOUGHTON
Publication Date: 18 Jul 2005
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780340829073
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.