*New and Updated edition*
It was the biggest leak in history. WikiLeaks infuriated the world's greatest superpower, embarrassed the British royal family and helped cause a revolution in North Africa. The man behind it was Julian Assange, one of the strangest figures ever to become a worldwide celebrity. Internet messiah or cyber-terrorist? Information freedom fighter or sex criminal?
In this newly updated edition, award-winning Guardian journalists David Leigh and Luke Harding follow the story as it takes on ever-weirder twists and turns. In London, Assange went to ground in the back bedroom of the Ecuadorian embassy. Meanwhile, in a courtroom near Washington, the fate of the US army whistleblower Bradley Manning hung in the balance. And in Hawaii, a young man named Edward Snowden, working as a contractor for the National Security Agency, was about to take WikiLeaks into even darker territory.
'A rip-roaring narrative of secrets, tantrums, technological wizardry, personal betrayal and vengeance.' Irish Independent
'Excellent.' Sunday Times
'Enjoyable... The WikiLeaks founder comes across as a shadowy, manipulative character with the habits of a tramp and the brain of a chess grandmaster.' Spectator
'Superbly narrated...unputdownable.' Observer
Author: David Leigh
Number of Pages: 304
Publisher: Guardian Faber Publishing
Publication Date: 03 Oct 2013
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781783350179
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.