"Wedding planning's tough when you never planned on getting married. Part-memoir, part-guide, Tying The Knot Without Doing Your Block documents the experiences of comedian Terri Psiakis during the planning of her wedding. After The Bloke's surprise proposal, Terri went from a lifetime of being anti-bride to suddenly becoming bride-curious (kind of like bi-curious but with slightly less nudity.) Organising a wedding sounds straightforward but in Terri's case it was more "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" meets "Talking Boonie." Terri covers everything from The Bloke's proposal (nearly thwarted due to dirty pants) to choosing a wedding venue (one that didn't involve her dad having to dig a latrine) right through to booking a celebrant with a great back-catalogue of dick jokes and the planning of a honeymoon (anywhere as long as The Bloke could watch sport on a flat-screen with cable.) Most wedding guides are formal and stuffy - not Terri's. She's not a girly-girl and her chronic aversion to frou-frou means this entertaining reference gives anything pink and fluffy the big finger in favour of straightforward, practical advice with cocktail recipes for when it all gets a bit tired and emot
Author: Terri Psiakis
Number of Pages: 338
Publisher: Random House Australia
Publication Date: 01 Jul 2009
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781741668858
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.