Tube of Plenty is an abridgement of Erik Barnouw's classic 3-volume History of Broadcasting in the United States. The paperback edition was first published in 1976 and a second edition in 1982.
Much has happened in television in the 1980s; the decline of the three major networks, the expansion of cable and satellite television, film channels like Home Box Office, the success of ESPN (sports), and MTV (pop music), and the increased way in which the White House in Washington has managed and controlled national news and its contents. Barnouw has added an extensive chapter dealing with the changes of the 1980s and looking ahead to the 1990s.
Author: Erik Barnouw
Number of Pages: 616
Publisher: Oxford University Press Inc
Publication Date: 31 May 1990
- Vendor: Thryft x Books for Charity
- ISBN: 9780195064841
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- Orders from Singapore above S$30 are eligible for free local delivery services.
- We typically pack and dispatch orders within 2-7 business days. After the order is dispatched, they typically arrive within the next business day. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- You can opt in for reusable e-commerce packaging if you are ordering 6 books or clothes or less! Click here to learn more.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store nor have access to your payment information.