Engineers play a vital role in nation building. Since independence, they have been driving Singapore's efforts in industrialisation. Their vision, creativity and resilience gave Singapore a competitive edge, enabling a meteoric rise from Third World to First in one generation. Going forward, the government wants to make Singapore a Smart Nation a nation where people live meaningful and fulfilled lives, enabled seamlessly by technology, offering exciting opportunities for all. Engineers are vital in making this happen. This book captures 100 stories of engineering accomplishments in Singapore over a span of 30 years as told by the Nanyang Technological Institute (now known as NTU) Pioneer Engineering Class of 85. They demonstrate the breadth and depth of the engineering landscape in our nation. If this book inspires some to take up an engineering career, it will have achieved its purpose.
Author: Liu Fook Thim
Number of Pages: 218
Publication Date: 29 Feb 2016
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9789814695343
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.