Twenty years ago, when they were teenagers, Holly and Nicola were the outsiders at summer camp. Holly was the plump one, a dreamer who longed to be an artist. Nicola was the shy, plain one who wanted nothing more than to be beautiful. Their cabin nemesis was Lexi. Rich, spoiled, evil Lexi. One night, Holly and Nicola team up to pull one, daring act of vengeance against Lexi. But they never dream that this one act will have repercussions that will reach into the future, even twenty years later. And they never realize the secret pain that Lexi holds very close, and how their need for revenge costs Lexi a great deal more than they could have ever imagined. Today, Holly is a successful gallery owner, who has put her own artistic dreams on hold. She struggles with her weight as well as for approval from her constantly criticizing boyfriend. Nicola, is an almost-famous actress who believes that one little plastic surgery fix is just what she needs to put her over the edge into fame. And Lexi...Lexi is down on her luck and totally broke and alone. Holly will do anything to be thin. Lexi will do anything to be rich. And Nicola will do anything to be pretty.
"Thin Rich Pretty" is the story of three women who believe that happiness is the next dress size down, the next dollar figure up, or the next appreciative glance from a stranger. But mostly it's the story of how three women save each other, and show each other the path to true contentment within themselves. Told with Beth Harbison's knack for thirty and forty something nostalgia, and heart-warming humour, "Thin, Rich, Pretty" will strike a chord with any woman who has ever looked in the mirror, or the bank, and said, 'if only...'
Author: Beth Harbison
Number of Pages: 352
Publisher: Griffin Publishing
Publication Date: 17 Jun 2011
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780312381998
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.