Could you go a whole year without shopping?
In her late twenties, that's exactly what Cait Flanders did. Despite having cleared nearly $30,000 of consumer debt, she still struggled to save money. When she realized that nothing she was doing or buying was making her happy, she embarked on a year-long shopping ban.
The Year of Less documents the 12 months during which Cait spent money only on the essentials - food, bills, car fuel - and steadily cleared out 70 per cent of her belongings. She learned to make do and mend, imposed a television ban and researched the zero waste movement.
The results were profoundly transformative: the less she consumed, the more fulfilled she felt. In the process of decluttering her apartment, she also decluttered her life and overcame long-held toxic habits.
With advice and practical tips from Cait, The Year of Less will leave you questioning what you're holding on to in your own life - and quite possibly lead you to find your own path of less.
'For your friend who has already Kondo'd her cupboards after reading The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying, The Year of Less will inspire them to do the same to their finances.' Metro
'What is an incredible personal journey is also a stark reminder of how materialistic many of us have become. The Year of Less will certainly change your perspective on how you spend your money.'
Author: Cait Flanders
Number of Pages: 224
Publisher: Hay House UK Ltd
Publication Date: 15 Jan 2019
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781781808597
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- This book was traded in by a user. As part of our sustainability commitment, we are committing 1% of the profits to support sustainable initiatives.
- When you shop with Thryft, we help you do more with your purchase. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books and clothes using more sustainable packaging options. Click here to learn more.
- Orders from Singapore above S$30 are eligible for free local delivery services.
- We typically pack and dispatch orders within 2-7 business days. After the order is dispatched, they typically arrive within the next business day. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- You can opt in for reusable e-commerce packaging if you are ordering 6 books or clothes or less! Click here to learn more.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store nor have access to your payment information.