Innovation. The word might make you think of Silicon Valley. But innovation isn t the sole province of start-ups. They didn t invent it, and they re not always the ones from which we can best learn. As Matt Kingdon argues in The Science of Serendipity, it s corporate innovators battling within large, established organisations who are the field s real heroes. Tapping into 20 years of experience on the front lines of innovation bringing new products and services to market and helping organisations become more creative Kingdon dissects the ways in which corporations are continually reborn. He looks at the anatomy of innovation, asking: How do time-pressed executives go about taking risks? How do they prepare to see and seize opportunity? And how do you place humans, with all of their fears and foibles, at the heart of commercial success? In a conversational, jargon-free style built on a practitioner s observations and anecdotes, The Science of Serendipity traces the dilemmas that executives in a wide variety of firms face. It details the steps taken to overcome the issues and get great ideas across the finish line.
If you re looking for a guide in your fight against the corporate machine, this is the business book for you. Matt Kingdon is the Co-founder, Chairman, and Chief Enthusiast of What If! Innovation Partners. For 20 years, What If! has partnered with the world s most successful, forward-looking companies businesses such as Barclays, Four Seasons, Google, PepsiCo, Pfizer, and Virgin to galvanise innovation and deliver impact. Its 250 inventors work across the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
Author: Matt Kingdon
Number of Pages: 256
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc
Publication Date: 13 Nov 2012
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781118478103
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.