"This is a definitive code for personal business success! Key points, concisely made, that can steer anyone through the minefield of office life." Management Today Some people seem to be just great at their job. They glide effortlessly onwards and upwards through all the politics, the back stabbing, the system, the nonsense that goes on. They always seem to say and do the right thing. Everybody likes them. They get pay rises and promotion. They get on with the boss. And somehow, they do all these without breaking much of a sweat or seeming to put in excess effort. Is there something they do that we don't? Is it a natural ability or something we could all learn? The answer is a most definite and resounding yes. They know the 'Rules of Work'. These rules are about how you are seen to be doing your job -- brilliantly and efficiently. They are about how you appear to others -- successful and confident. The Rules of Worktakes simple information about how people relate to each other in a completely artificial environment - the workplace -- and uses it to promote your rise up the ladder of success.
This is the book for you if you want to get on and up without becoming ruthless or unpleasant. This is the book for you if you want to be successful and still be able to live with yourself, and be regarded as a thoroughly decent person by your colleagues and bosses.
Author: Richard Templar
Number of Pages: 240
Publisher: Pearson Education Limited
Publication Date: 01 Sep 2003
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780273662716
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- This book was traded in by a user. As part of our sustainability commitment, we are committing 1% of the profits to support sustainable initiatives.
- When you shop with Thryft, we help you do more with your purchase. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using more sustainable packaging options. Click here to learn more.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- We typically pack and dispatch orders within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- You can opt in for reusable e-commerce packaging if you are ordering 6 books or less! Click here to learn more.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store nor have access to your payment information.