A guide to becoming a leader, based on 150 interviews with leaders in business, provides realistic guidelines for developing leadership skills through problem solving, role modeling, and networking. 25,000 first printing. ad/promo.
From Publishers Weekly:
Contending that "business is overmanaged and underled," Haas, former CEO of the Sealy bedding firm, declares that self-discovery and "exceptional personal commitment" are keys to the leadership and organizational renewal needed to halt U.S. economic decline. Drawing on observations from 150 leaders interviewed, Haas and Tamarkin ( The New Gatsby ) suggest that aspiring leaders should assess their natural, educational and professional strengths. Leaders, they stress, are "ordinary persons," but they are especially dynamic, open and firm; they use imagination, take risks and plan strategy. Eschewing "how-to" specifics, the authors of this significant addition to the current spate of derivative leadership guides sum up their advice thus: "See it big, and keep it simple." Copyright 1992 Reed Business Information, Inc.
Author: Bob Tamarkin
Number of Pages: 272
Publisher: HarperCollins s Inc
Publication Date: 28 Feb 1994
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780887306822
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.