The piercing, iconic semi-autobiographical novel of a domineering father and ambitious son, from the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Prince of Tides Step into the powerhouse life of Bull Meecham. He's all Marine--fighter pilot, king of the clouds, and absolute ruler of his family. Lillian is his wife--beautiful, southern-bred, with a core of velvet steel. Without her cool head, her kids would be in real trouble. Ben is the oldest, a born athlete whose best never satisfies the big man. Ben's got to stand up, even fight back, against a father who doesn't give in--not to his men, not to his wife, and certainly not to his son. Bull Meecham is undoubtedly Pat Conroy's most explosive character--a man you should hate, but a man you will love. Praise for The Great Santini
"Stinging authenticity . . . a book that won't quit."--The Atlanta Journal
"[Pat] Conroy has captured a different slice of America in this funny, dramatic novel."--Richmond News-Leader
"Conroy takes aim at our darkest emotions, lets the arrow fly and hits the bull's-eye almost every time."--Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
"Robust and vivid . . . full of feeling."--Newsday
"God preserve Pat Conroy."--The Boston Globe
Author: Pat Conroy
Number of Pages: 512
Publisher: Random House USA Inc
Publication Date: 26 Mar 2002
- Vendor: Books and Beer x Thryft
- ISBN: 9780553381559
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- Orders from Singapore above S$30 are eligible for free local delivery services.
- We typically pack and dispatch orders within 2-7 business days. After the order is dispatched, they typically arrive within the next business day. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- You can opt in for reusable e-commerce packaging if you are ordering 6 books or clothes or less! Click here to learn more.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store nor have access to your payment information.