The International Bestseller
Winner of the Man Asian Literary Prize 2012
Winner of the Walter Scott Prize for historical fiction 2013
Shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize 2012
Shortlisted for the 2014 International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award
'With ravishing sensuousness, it conjures up the lush landscapes and tea estates of Malaya during the 1950s Emergency ... A haunting novel about memory' Sunday Times Books of the Year
In the highlands of Malaya, a woman sets out to build a memorial to her sister, killed at the hands of the Japanese during the brutal Occupation of their country. Yun Ling's quest leads her to The Garden of Evening Mists, and to Aritomo, a man of extraordinary skill and reputation, once the gardener of the Emperor of Japan. When she accepts his offer to become his apprentice, she begins a journey into her past, inextricably linked with the secrets of her troubled country's history.
Author: Tan Twan Eng
Number of Pages: 352
Publisher: Canongate Books Ltd
Publication Date: 21 Sep 2015
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781782110187
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- This book was traded in by a user. As part of our sustainability commitment, we are committing 1% of the profits to support sustainable initiatives.
- When you shop with Thryft, we help you do more with your purchase. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using more sustainable packaging options. Click here to learn more.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- We typically pack and dispatch orders within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- You can opt in for reusable e-commerce packaging if you are ordering 6 books or less! Click here to learn more.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store nor have access to your payment information.