The internationally bestselling novel originally published as "Malavita" now the major motion picture" The Famil"y, starring Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Tommy Lee Jones, directed by Luc Besson, and produced by Martin Scorsese
The Blakes are newcomers to a small town in Normandy. Fred is a historian researching the Allied landings, Maggie enjoys charity work, and their kids are looking forward to meeting other teenagers at the local lycee. Or so it seems.
In fact, Fred is really Giovanni Manzoni, an ex-goodfella turned stool pigeon who s been relocated from New Jersey to France by the FBI s witness protection program. He s got a two-million-dollar bounty on his head, but he and his family can t help attracting attention (imagine the Sopranos in Normandy). And when imprisoned mobster Don Mimino gets wind of their location, it s Mafia mayhem a la Josh Bazell s "Beat the Reaper," or like "The Godfather "as if written by Carl Hiaasen. Because while you can take the man out of the Mafia, you can t take the Mafia out of the man."
Author: Tonino Benacquista
Edition: Media tie-in
Number of Pages: 275
Publisher: PENGUIN GROUP
Publication Date: 07 Aug 2013
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780143126300
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.