This highly personal look at leadership shows how to manage deftly its paradoxes, demands and temptations. Using his own experiences as CEO of American Management Association for 10 years, as well as his candid observations of CEOs in many other organizations, Horton provides readers with sensible advice for wrestling with the rigours of authority. Featuring Horton's lively writing style, "The CEO Paradox" is entertaining as well as helpful. The author shares with leaders (and would-be leaders) his own insights on how to nurture the highest qualities within themselves, make informed decisions, bring out the best in subordinates, avoid classic mistakes and cultivate both the inner and outer person. In other words, he shows how to become an effective, accountable CEO.
Author: Thomas R. Horton
Number of Pages: 192
Publication Date: 26 Oct 1992
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780814450932
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.