At the age of four, Han, a young woman born into dire poverty in 1950s Singapore, is sold as a slave to the wealthy house of Wu. Forming a close bond with the young Wu heir, Han's childhood attachment grows into a bittersweet existence of frustrated love and passion. As their love becomes a struggle against the forces of tradition and tyranny, author Catherine Lim evocatively captures the ethos of a wealthy and powerful Chinese household in an era of breathtaking beauty and shocking brutality.
Author: Catherine Lim
Number of Pages: 388
Publisher: Marshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
Publication Date: 18 Aug 2011
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9789814346207
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.