The temples of the North of Egypt are deserted, the Gods forgotten. Everyone thinks only of himself, and corruption and injustice reign. Five centuries after the reign of Ramses, the empire seems to be heading irrevocably towards destruction. But one man refuses to accept this. Peye, the black pharaoh, rules his Southern kingdom with wisdom and kindness. He has only one wish: to return the Gods to a united Egypt. But the price to pay for this will be heavy: he will need to confront the Lybian Tefnakt, an authoritarian and amibitious prince of the North, who is looking to take the country by force. War is inevitable between the two. Despite his courage and bravery, will the Black Pharaoh really be capable of achieving the impossible?
Author: Christian Jacq
Number of Pages: 352
Publisher: SIMON & SCHUSTER
Publication Date: 03 Jul 2000
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780671018054
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.