Subhas Anandan is undoubtedly the best-known criminal lawyer in Singapore.From taking on the sensational cases of Took Leng How, Anthony Ler and Ah Long San to his views on mandatory death sentences and police entrapment , Subhas Anandan has become the face of criminal defence in Singapore.But why does he choose to represent clients who are to all intents and purposes guilty? And are the criminals who he represents really the monsters they are made out to be? Has he ever felt sorry for the clients he represents?What are his views on the death penalty, and which parts of the legal system does he think need reforming?
About the Author:
Mr Subhas Anandan heads the Criminal Law department in KhattarWong. A renowned criminal lawyer in Singapore, he is credited with the conduct of several landmark cases that have shaped the face of criminal law in Singapore.He specialises in criminal work ranging from minor offences to capital offences. A familiar figure at both the Subordinate Courts and the Supreme Court, Mr Subhas has handled well over 1500 criminal cases from murder and kidnapping to drug trafficking.A few high profile cases from the past years include Anthony Ler's case, the Vidya Shankar Aiyar case, the high society cocaine cases of 2004, the Pearls Centre homicide and the Kallang Body Parts murder.He has also defended clients who were arrested under the Internal Security Act (ISA), as well as those involved in white collar crimes.Mr Subhas is well-regarded as the leading criminal lawyer in Singapore and was awarded the Legal Eagle Award of 2001 which was conferred by the Law Society of Singapore.He is also a founding member and first President of the Association of Criminal Lawyers in Singapore (ACLS), an organisation that aims to contribute to the development of criminal law and represent the interests of criminal law practitioners in Singapore.
Author: Subhas Anandan
Number of Pages: 296
Publisher: Marshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
Publication Date: 29 Apr 2010
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9789812614575
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- This book was traded in by a user. As part of our sustainability commitment, we are committing 1% of the profits to support sustainable initiatives.
- When you shop with Thryft, we help you do more with your purchase. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using more sustainable packaging options. Click here to learn more.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- We typically pack and dispatch orders within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- You can opt in for reusable e-commerce packaging if you are ordering 6 books or less! Click here to learn more.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store nor have access to your payment information.