William Henry Davies's working tour of the USA brought him into contact with the harsher side of American life and some of its more remarkable characters. Back in Britain, though resident in various doss-houses, he became the darling of the London literary set. Bernard Shaw was stunned by the power of this unvarnished narrative, that still retains its impact and insight. This book is intended for students of literature between the wars; America in the Depression.
Author: W. H. Davies
Edition: New edition
Number of Pages: 254
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Publication Date: 17 Apr 1980
- 50% of the profits from this book will be donated under our Books for Charity programme. For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Lakeside Family Services' Reading Intervention Services. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft x Books for Charity
- ISBN: 9780192812933
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.