Did you ever want to become a Superhero? Did you ever wish you could get magical powers or travel through the universe, across time and space?
This dynamic new self-help book is designed to help heroes who are struggling with anxiety, depression, anger, shame and trauma.
Written by Dr. Janina Scarlet, the leading advocate of superhero therapy, a new technique that helps you to recover from common psychological and emotional problems by showing your concerns are mirrored in the stories of extraordinary superheroes from fiction. The book takes you through the core concepts of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) which will better arm you to face the challenges of your superhero quest.
Illustrated by talented comic book artist Wellinton Alves, this book tells the tale of a group of troubled heroes enlisted at the Superhero Training Academy (inspired both by fictional characters and real-life people who have benefited from this therapy), learning to overcome their problems using the techniques of ACT. This will appeal to readers with a geeky side to their nature, or anyone just seeking to find their inner superhero.
Author: Janina Scarlet
Number of Pages: 112
Publisher: Little, Brown Book Group
Publication Date: 29 Nov 2016
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781472136411
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.