Wall Street legend and bestselling author Jim Rogers offers investing insights and economic, political, and social analysis, drawing on lessons and observations from his lifetime in the markets. Jim Rogers, whose entertaining accounts of his travels around the world--studying the markets from Russia to Singapore from the ground up--has enthralled readers, investors and Wall Street aficionados for decades. In his engaging memoir Street Smarts, Rogers offers pithy commentary from a lifetime of adventure, from his early years growing up a naïve kid in Demopolis, Alabama, to his fledgling career on Wall Street, to his cofounding of the wildly successful Quantum Fund. In Street Smarts, Rogers takes us through the highlights of his life in the financial markets, from his school days at Yale and Oxford--where despite the fact that he didn't have enough money to afford the appropriate pair of shoes, he coxed the crew and helped to win the Oxford-Cambridge Boat Race as well as the Thames Cup, the first of his three Guiness World Records--to his first heady taste of Wall Street in the mid-1960s, and his years helping to run the most successful hedge fund on Wall Street.
In the course of his new book, Rogers offers often surprising observations on how the world works--and what trends he sees in the future. The age of Wall Street, Rogers claims, when the finance industry drove 25% of America's growth, is over. Tomorrow's economy will be driven by those who make things--food, energy, goods and consumables. He explains why Asia will be the dominant economic force in the twenty-first century, and discusses why America and the European Union are in decline, and what we need to do to right our economy and society.
Author: Jim Rogers
Number of Pages: 272
Publisher: Random House USA Inc
Publication Date: 05 Feb 2013
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780307986078
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.