The stories that make up A Sense of Belonging have been chosen for their variety of style and theme, providing students with the opportunity to examine different writing models and techniques. A Sense of Belonging begins with a comprehensive account of the basic elements of short story writing (theme, characterisation, plot, setting and style), and gives students a step-by-step guide to writing their own short stories. Each story is accompanied by a selection of carefully graded activities which range from straightforward comprehension to a detailed analysis of structure and technique. Students are encouraged to make comparisons between stories, evaluate the effectiveness of dialogue and imagery, and comment on the appropriateness of the writer's style to the story being told.
Author: Edited By John Stevens
Format: Soft cover
Publisher: Oxford University Press Australia
Publication Date: 03 Aug 1989
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780195530612
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- This book was traded in by a user. As part of our sustainability commitment, we are committing 1% of the profits to support sustainable initiatives.
- When you shop with Thryft, we help you do more with your purchase. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using more sustainable packaging options. Click here to learn more.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- We typically pack and dispatch orders within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- You can opt in for reusable e-commerce packaging if you are ordering 6 books or less! Click here to learn more.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store nor have access to your payment information.