The stories that make up A Sense of Belonging have been chosen for their variety of style and theme, providing students with the opportunity to examine different writing models and techniques. A Sense of Belonging begins with a comprehensive account of the basic elements of short story writing (theme, characterisation, plot, setting and style), and gives students a step-by-step guide to writing their own short stories. Each story is accompanied by a selection of carefully graded activities which range from straightforward comprehension to a detailed analysis of structure and technique. Students are encouraged to make comparisons between stories, evaluate the effectiveness of dialogue and imagery, and comment on the appropriateness of the writer's style to the story being told.
Author: Edited By John Stevens
Format: Soft cover
Publisher: Oxford University Press Australia
Publication Date: 03 Aug 1989
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780195530612
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.