Ken Yeang has become synonymous with the term "the green skyscraper". The Malaysian-born architect has changed our perception of the high-rise, questioning every premise on which it was founded. It has long been assumed that skyscrapers, as high consumers of energy and materials, cannot be sensitive to ecological and environmental issues. Yeang's towers, by contrast, use vegetation as a crucial component of the facade and interior, acting both to remove heat and purify the air. In a wider sense, Yeang sees skyscrapers as "cities in the sky", with good pedestrian linkages, public zones, a wide variety of uses, stunning vistas and a sense of place extended upwards. His philosophy has had a global impact. By the year 2025 more than 70 per cent of humankind will be city dwellers. Yeang's solutions for the skyscraper, discussed and illustrated in depth in this monograph, offer a vision of urban habitation in the 21st century.
Author: Robert Powell
Number of Pages: 208
Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
Publication Date: 22 Nov 1999
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780500281550
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- This book was traded in by a user. As part of our sustainability commitment, we are committing 1% of the profits to support sustainable initiatives.
- When you shop with Thryft, we help you do more with your purchase. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books and clothes using more sustainable packaging options. Click here to learn more.
- Orders from Singapore above S$30 are eligible for free local delivery services.
- We typically pack and dispatch orders within 2-7 business days. After the order is dispatched, they typically arrive within the next business day. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- You can opt in for reusable e-commerce packaging if you are ordering 6 books or clothes or less! Click here to learn more.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store nor have access to your payment information.