In the aftermath of the earthquake, tsunami and nuclear crisis of March 2011, Japan has become a bigger part of the world's consciousness than it has been for years. But Japan is also grappling with other problems that, over the long run, pose a much greater challenge to its national well-being than the devastation in Tohuku. How can the country compete with a rising China? Cope with a fast-aging society? Deal with its enormous debt? Rediscover its entrepreneurial verve? Regain its position as a leader in technology and innovation? In Reimagining Japan,McKinsey & Company, the world's top management consulting firm, asked more than 80 global leaders and experts to consider these questions. In essays brimming wth insight, affection and occasional humour, the authors offer their assessments of Japan's past, present and - most important - future. What sets Reimagining Japan apart is the breadth and diversity of its contributors. They range from Fortune 500 CEO's to acclaimed writers (including three Pulitzer Prize winners) to a star videogame creator, a football coach, a school principal and a manga artist. There has not been such a comprehensive book about Japan in the past generation - and perhaps ever.
Author: Brian Salsberg
Number of Pages: 464
Publisher: Viz Media, Subs. of Shogakukan Inc
Publication Date: 29 Sep 2011
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781421540863
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.