Authors: Khaled Khalifa, Leri Price
In the once beautiful city of Aleppo, one Syrian family descends into
tragedy and ruin. Irrepressible Sawsan flirts with militias, the ruling
party, and finally religion, seeking but never finding salvation. She and
her siblings and mother are slowly choked in violence and decay, as their
lives are plundered by a brutal regime. Set between the 1960s and 2000s, No
Knives in the Kitchens of this City unravels the systems of fear and
control under Assad. With eloquence and startling honesty, it speaks of the
persecution of a whole society.
- 50% of the profits from this book will be donated under our Books for Charity programme. For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Lakeside Family Services' Reading Intervention Services. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Malaysia below RM150 are eligible for flat rate shipping of RM9.99 MYR. Orders RM150 and above are eligible for free shipping.
- We have a minimum order value requirement of RM30.
- All orders are packed and shipped within 2-7 business days, and may take up to 7 business days to arrive. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- After the orders have been shipped, some orders may also experience delays due to customs or the current COVID-19 measures. Unfortunately, we have no control over these delays and cannot predict what they may be. If necessary, we suggest that you contact your local office for additional information.
- Vendor: Thryft x Books for Charity
- ISBN: 9789774167812
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.