Todd G. Buchholz, author of the bestselling New Ideas from Dead Economists, brings to life fifteen of history's greatest CEOs, from companies such as Sony, Disney and McDonald's, and shows how their lives, leadership and lessons are a source of knowledge and inspiration for leaders present and future. In 1928, Walt Disney thought himself a fool. We all know Mickey Mouse, but did you know that Walt's masterpiece was supposed to be 'Oswald the Bunny'? Walt kicked himself hard because he had naively signed away the rights to his rabbit cartoon. He spent the rest of his life proving that CEOs must protect and promote their assets at all costs. He did such a good job promoting that, in 1959, Nikita Khrushchev flailed at his aides for scheduling a meeting with President Nixon instead of going to Disneyland. Today our headlines blare about corporate theft, CEO over-compensation, and underperformance. But before CEOs were known for bullying and cheating, they were known for pushing their companies to the pinnacle through their intellect, creativity and judgment. In New Ideas From Dead CEOs, Todd Buchholz profiles these leaders so that we can learn from them.The featured CEOs were not candidates for sainthood.
But they were devoted to their businesses, not just to their egos and their personal bank accounts and yachts. While many books have been written by and about CEOs, very few have tried to explore how their management and entrepreneurial secrets can help businesses and investors today. Featured CEOs include: / Sam Walton (Wal-Mart) / Akio Morita (Sony) / Ray Kroc (McDonald's) / A.P. Gianini (Bank of America) / Walt Disney And others New Ideas from Dead CEOs both illuminates and delights with its insightful, colorful portrayals of great business leaders. Businesspeople and general readers alike will flock to this latest work from one of the country's foremost business thinkers and writers.
Author: Todd G Buchholz
Number of Pages: 304
Publisher: HarperCollins s Inc
Publication Date: 02 Jun 2007
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780061197628
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.