This is the fifth book in the Ridiculous Design Rules series by Anneloes van Gaalen. This new publication is about ridiculous "or not?" rules in typography, a joy for graphic designers and everyone who has anything to do with designing texts. Like no other, this is a world that is held together by rules, which designers, of course, often take great delight in breaking.
In this series, 'ridiculous' is a relative term, because what is nonsense for one can be an important guideline for another. In these pleasing and educational books, it is not about laying down the law. For each of the 51 rules covered in each book, Van Gaalen refers to quotes by famous fellow designers, who either think there is something to the rule or have made a personal variation of it. Whether you agree with them or not, the Ridiculous Design books sharpen your own thoughts about the rules and the assumed truths of design, advertising, fashion, photography and the Internet.
Each rule is convincingly illustrated, with the illustrations either confirming or disproving the rule in question.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9789812459275
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.