When the New York Times wrote a front-page account of Elk River, Minnesota s faith-filled transformation, Rick Heeren was the city s leader behind the scenes. Here, he shares his story and many other motivating how-to accounts of businesses, schools and communities that have put God at the center of their vision and seen miraculous turnarounds. See how one company in Minnesota planted 600 churches in the Ukraine. Discover how a real estate developer turned a foreclosed mall into a focal point that would change a city. Learn how one woman s self-published book blossomed into a movie, and a pastor s idea for a motion picture camera led to $200 million to make his first major film. Heeren also shares practical ideas for readers who catch his enthusiasm and passion for bringing about transformation in their own communities. After reading Heeren s book, you ll see why with God, nothing is impossible!
From the Back Cover:
When The New York Times Magazine (October 31, 2004 issue) featured a front-page account of Elk River, Minnesota's faith-filled transformation, Rick Heeren was the city's leader behind the scenes. Here, he shares his story and many other motivating how-to accounts of businesses, schools and communities that have invited God to be at the center–and seen miraculous turnarounds. -See how one company in Minnesota planted 600 churches in the Ukraine -Discover how a school on the edge of survival became one of the best Christian schools in the United States -Learn how one woman’s self-published book blossomed into a movie - Discover how a pastor’s idea for a motion picture camera led to the funds to make his first major film -Learn why a prison in Minnesota is changing—one man at a time Heeren also shares practical ideas for readers who want to bring about transformation in their own communities. He urges Christians to align their thinking with God’s thinking. Then, he shows how dedicating everything to God and meeting people in the marketplace at their point of need with excellent business service, prayer and the gospel can transform communities and nations and begin to end systemic poverty. Ordinary people. Extraordinary miracles. After reading this inspiring book, you’ll see why with God, nothing is impossible!
Author: Rick Heeren
Number of Pages: 237
Publisher: David C Cook Publishing Company
Publication Date: 01 Jan 2008
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780830743865
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.