NEW: Pre-ordering for a new copy is available for this title!
We want second-hand to always be the first choice, but we understand that we don’t always have a pre-loved copy on hand. If you have to buy new, why not pre-order with Thryft? You get the same book, while continuing to support our mission to be sustainable. Read more about us here.
The beloved writer of romantic comedies tells her own late-in-life love story, complete with a tragic second act and joyous resolution.
Delia Ephron tried to disconnect her late husband’s landline and crashed her internet. After a prolonged battle with Verizon, she did what she always does. She wrote about it, channeling her grief and frustration into a New York Times op ed. Months later, she got an email to commiserate from a man she’d had two dates with while in college, 54 years ago. She didn’t remember him but he remembered her. After three weeks of mutually passionate emails and 60s folk songs, he flew across the country to see her. They were crazily in love.
What could go wrong? Acute Myeloid Leukemia, which also took her beloved older sister, struck her three months into this new blissful life.
Because Delia Ephron survived and is a singular writer who tells her story in a way that brings you right next to her and seesaws you between tears and laughter, in this memoir, you will join her, going inside the giddy highs (even the initial falling in love emails are here) and the suicidal lows of enduring cutting-edge treatment (accurately presented and vetted by her amazing team of doctors) for a life-threatening cancer.
The collision of love and illness makes for a traumatic but ultimately redemptive roller coaster ride, which Ephron writes with page-turning drama. With Peter’s devotion, with close friends and family buoying her with hope, with startling clarity, warmth, and honesty about facing death, Delia invites us to join her team of warriors and become believers ourselves.
Author: Ephron, Delia
Number of Pages: 304 pages
Publisher: Back Bay Books
Publication Date: January 31, 2023
- Vendor: Thryft
- ISBN: 9780316267755
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- We are committed to shipping your books and clothes using more sustainable packaging options. Click here to learn more.
- Orders from Singapore above S$30 are eligible for free local delivery services.
- We typically pack and dispatch orders within 2-7 business days. After the order is dispatched, they typically arrive within the next business day. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- You can opt in for reusable e-commerce packaging if you are ordering 6 books or clothes or less! Click here to learn more.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store nor have access to your payment information.