The New Cambridge Shakespeare appeals to students worldwide for its up-to-date scholarship and emphasis on performance. The series features line-by-line commentaries and textual notes on the plays and poems. Introductions are regularly refreshed with accounts of new critical, stage and screen interpretations. For this second edition of King Richard III, Janis Lull has added a new section to her introduction, in which she focuses on contemporary productions of the play as well as recent scholarly criticism. Lull emphasises the importance of women's roles in this popular drama but shows how the text has frequently been cut, rewritten and reshaped by directors and actors to enhance the role of Richard, often at the expense of female characters. The special relationship between King Richard III and Macbeth is also explored while the notes detail the play's language in terms that are easily accessible to contemporary readers.
Author: William Shakespeare
Number of Pages: 252
Publisher: CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS
Publication Date: 25 Sep 2018
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780521735568
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- This book was traded in by a user. As part of our sustainability commitment, we are committing 1% of the profits to support sustainable initiatives.
- When you shop with Thryft, we help you do more with your purchase. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using more sustainable packaging options. Click here to learn more.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- We typically pack and dispatch orders within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- You can opt in for reusable e-commerce packaging if you are ordering 6 books or less! Click here to learn more.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store nor have access to your payment information.