This edition of "Julius Caesar" provides a lively edition of one of Shakespeare's most familiar and studied plays. The introduction sets the play in the context of the last years of Elizabeth I's reign, with rebellion stirring and conflicts over the calendar. It also explains the conscious use of classical rhetoric in the language of Caesar himself, contrasting with the "modern" language of Cassius, and discusses Shakespeare's subtle use of his main source, Plutarch.
Author: William Shakespeare
Edition: New edition
Number of Pages: 412
Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
Publication Date: 20 Aug 1998
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780174435471
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.