This classic introductory social work text provides a comprehensive and historical view of social work to help students better understand and appreciate the profession.
In its Tenth Edition, this classic text continues to blend historical and contemporary perspectives on social work, offering historical context for the development of social work while utilizing the latest theoretical constructs. Special emphasis is placed on the understanding that social work is both a field and a method. The text is appropriate for undergraduate students who want to increase their general understanding of social work, as well as those who have a professional interest in social work.
The Tenth Edition featuresnew sections on drug courts, treatment and prevention of drug and alcohol abuse (Ch. 16), welfare reform, faith-based social service initiatives (Ch. 2), stages of group, spirituality and social work, suicide assessment and prevention (Ch. 9), and cognitive therapy with criminals (Ch.14). An expanded section on the importance of case management in social work (Ch. 19), life management skills (Ch. 8), anger management (Ch.10) and managed care (Ch. 9, 10, & 22) is also included. Information on multicultural social work (Ch. 11 & 13), working with violent children, gangs, school violence and family violence (Ch. 11 & 13) has been updated, as has the final chapter on the future of social work as a profession.
Author: O. William Farley
Number of Pages: 456
Publisher: Pearson Education (US)
Publication Date: 09 Jun 2005
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780205442157
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.