The Inkheart trilogy is a series of three fantasy novels written by German author Cornelia Funke, comprising Inkheart (2004), Inkspell (2006), and Inkdeath (2008). The books chronicle the adventures of teenager Meggie Folchart whose life changes dramatically when she realizes that she and her father, a bookbinder named Mo, have the unusual ability to bring characters from books into the real world when reading aloud. Mostly set in Northern Italy and the parallel world of the fictional Inkheart book, the central story arc concerns the magic of books, their characters and creatures, and the art of reading. ~~~ Originally released in German-speaking Europe, the English translation of the third book, entitled Inkdeath, by Anthea Bell was released in October 2008. In 2004, Funke sold the film rights to all three books to New Line Cinema; thus far, the first book has been made into a motion picture, which was released in January 2009. Although the New York Times announced that a film adaptation of Inkspell would be released on July 3, 2012, nothing has been heard since. ~~~ In Inkheart, the twelve-year-old, Meggie, discovers that her father Mortimer, a professional bookbinder, has the unusual ability to transfer characters from books into the real world when he reads aloud - they call those with this ability "Silvertongue". Scared by his own talents, Mo once brought four characters of a book entitled Inkheart to life while reading from the novel, including Dustfinger, his pet marten Gwin; Capricorn, the book's villain; and Basta, Capricorn's right-hand man - in bitter exchange of his wife Resa, who disappeared without a trace into the so-called Inkworld of the book. After many years Dustfinger returns to pay Meggie and her father a visit, advising them to flee the country to escape Capricorn and his followers who are in search of Mo and his Inkheart copy. The three of them eventually leave to hide at Meggie's great-aunt Elinor's house in Northern..
Author: Cornelia Funke
Format: Soft cover
Publisher: Scholastic, Incorporated
Publication Date: 2004
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780439531658
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- This book was traded in by a user. As part of our sustainability commitment, we are committing 1% of the profits to support sustainable initiatives.
- When you shop with Thryft, we help you do more with your purchase. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books and clothes using more sustainable packaging options. Click here to learn more.
- Orders from Singapore above S$30 are eligible for free local delivery services.
- We typically pack and dispatch orders within 2-7 business days. After the order is dispatched, they typically arrive within the next business day. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- You can opt in for reusable e-commerce packaging if you are ordering 6 books or clothes or less! Click here to learn more.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store nor have access to your payment information.