The communications and design agency Imagination was founded by Gary Withers in 1978. It now has almost 500 staff, based in London, Hong Kong and New York, who practise a wide range of disciplines, from architecture, interiors, lighting and acoustics to graphics, film and digital media. Often dealing with high-profile theatrical events, Imagination's projects are sophisticated and highly orchestrated.
This book features over 30 projects organized into thematic chapters reflecting their aims: to inform, entertain, inspire, persuade and amaze. Projects include the exhibition 'Dinosaurs' at the Natural History Museum, London (1992), the Talk and Journey zones at the Millennium Dome (1999), The Aurora Centre, Berlin (1998) and the Guinness Storehouse, Dublin (2000).
An introduction by design critic Stephen Bayley assesses the significance of Imagination's approach to communication, while perspectives from Mike Davies of the Richard Rogers Partnership, Sean Perkins of North, architect Lorenzo Apicella, Ian Liddell of Buro Happold and J Mays, Vice President, Design, Ford Motor Company, provide insights into the work and culture of Imagination. An extensive interview with Gary Withers, illustrated with over 350 projects from the course of Imagination's history, further explains the evolution of this unique company.
Author: Stephen Bayley
Number of Pages: 208
Publisher: Phaidon Press Ltd
Publication Date: 02 Nov 2007
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780714843209
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.