A nostalgic, insightful and poignant story of women's lives in the 1970s. 'Raw, nostalgic, utterly compelling and very, very cool... A mind-blowingly impressive debut' Eva Rice
There are books that stay with you long after you've read them. This is one of those.
Katie has been hanging around Comanche Street for three years and there are still times when it feels like she is watching a movie starring everyone in the world, except her.
Through sun-kissed days by the ocean and hazy nights in drifter bars, through love and death and pain, while the Vietnam war rages distantly and yet disturbingly close, she yearns to belong and never dreams that all the others want is to escape.
Night after night, they wait for something to happen.
It's summer, and anything is possible . . .
A powerful coming-of-age tale reminiscent of Anne Tyler, Alice Hoffman and Melissa Banks.
* Author interview included
Author: Judy Chicurel
Number of Pages: 352
Publisher: Headline Publishing Group
Publication Date: 04 Jun 2015
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781472221681
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.