This anthology consists of twelve plays by Huzir Sulaiman, Checkpoint Theatre’s Joint Artistic Director. Based in Singapore, Huzir is one of Southeast Asia’s preeminent playwrights. The twelve plays in this collection bear testimony to his gift of imagining characters and deploying language to offer unexpected insights into the personal, the social and the political. Huzir Sulaiman: Collected Plays 1998 – 2012 offers readers an opportunity to acquaint themselves with an impressive body of work that has lit up the stage over the past 14 years, and to discover for themselves the virtuosic use of language and impeccable craft which have cemented Huzir Sulaiman as one of the most important playwrights of his generation. The collection is edited by and contains an introductory essay by Kathy Rowland, the respected theatre writer and researcher. Kathy co-founded and was managing editor of the online arts magazine, kakiseni.com, which launched the BOH Cameronian Arts Awards, Malaysia’s first Performing Arts Awards. She edited and introduced Krishen Jit: An Uncommon Position, published by the Contemporary Asian Arts Centre of Singapore.
Author: Huzir Sulaiman, Kathy Rowland (Ed.)
Format: Soft cover
Publisher: Checkpoint Theatre, Singapore
Publication Date: 2013
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9789810749026
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.