Home for Now provides styling and DIY advice on creating a beautiful home, whether you are making over or making do. More people are renting now than ever before, but the rental market remains surprisingly unflexible, with many tenants banned from making even the simplest alterations, such as hanging a picture or painting a wall. Even those who have managed to take that first leap onto the property ladder often find themselves with no cash left to renovate, so their first home is just a short stop-gap to their forever home ; they resort to a renter's mindset, unwilling and unable to invest vast sums in the fabric of their property and instead making do with quick fixes. Home for Now provides a blend of both inspirational and practical advice, showing how canny tenants have transformed their temporary abodes into stylish spaces. Organised by area of the house; Living Spaces; Kitchens and Dining; Bedrooms and Bathrooms; Creative Workspaces; and Plants & Outdoor Living the book showcases standout interiors and offers helpful hints and tips. There are also simple step-by-step DIY and craft projects that both renters and DIY-phobic homeowners can easily achieve to make their temporary living spaces feel like home.
Author: Joanna Thornhill
Number of Pages: 192
Publisher: CICO BOOKS
Publication Date: 10 Apr 2014
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781782490968
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.