Number of Pages: 192
Publisher: KNV Besorgung|VIZ Media LLC
Publication Date: 28 Jul 2016
Ever since he saw the legendary player known as the "Little Giant" compete at the national volleyball finals, Shoyo Hinata has been aiming to be the best volleyball player ever! He decides to join the team at the high school the Little Giant went to-and then surpass him. Who says you need to be tall to play volleyball when you can jump higher than anyone else? After losing his first and last volleyball match against Tobio Kageyama, "the King of the Court," Shoyo Hinata swears to become his rival after graduating middle school. But what happens when the guy he wants to defeat ends up being his teammate?!
From School Library Journal:
Gr 6 Up-Shoyo Hinata is a volleyball player who, despite his short stature, has the athleticism, ambition, and drive of the taller players he aims to defeat. After watching a smaller player known as the Little Giant compete with players a foot taller, Hinata is inspired to become a great player. He starts a volleyball club in his middle school and is outmatched and beaten by a team led by Tobio Kageyama; a 5'11" spiker derisively referred to as the "King of the Court" and a "diva." Undeterred by the loss, Hinata vows to "break through the wall" and beat Kageyama (whom he assumes will be attending a different high school). When Hinata and Kageyama end up at the same school as teammates, Hinata's focus changes from defeat to acceptance. With dramatic angles, typical manga-style artwork depicts scenes of thrilling action. This fast-paced, exciting manga is a story of sportsmanship, perseverance, and, above all, belief in oneself. VERDICT Recommended for fans of graphic novels and sports manga.-Tamela Chambers, Chicago Public Schools
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
- 50% of the profits from this book will be donated under our Books for Charity programme. For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Lakeside Family Services' Reading Intervention Services. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Malaysia below RM150 are eligible for flat rate shipping of RM9.99 MYR. Orders RM150 and above are eligible for free shipping.
- We have a minimum order value requirement of RM30.
- All orders are packed and shipped within 2-7 business days, and may take up to 7 business days to arrive. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- After the orders have been shipped, some orders may also experience delays due to customs or the current COVID-19 measures. Unfortunately, we have no control over these delays and cannot predict what they may be. If necessary, we suggest that you contact your local office for additional information.
- Vendor: Thryft x Books for Charity
- ISBN: 9781421587660
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.