SELECTED AS A 2008 BEST BUSINESS BOOK OF THE YEAR BY THE ECONOMISTThe Net Generation Has Arrived.
Are you ready for it?
Chances are you know a person between the ages of 11 and 30. You've seen them doing five things at once: texting friends, downloading music, uploading videos, watching a movie on a two-inch screen, and doing who-knows-what on Facebook or MySpace. They're the first generation to have literally grown up digital--and they're part of a global cultural phenomenon that's here to stay.
The bottom line is this: If you understand the Net Generation, you will understand the future.
If you're a Baby Boomer or Gen-Xer: This is your field guide.
A fascinating inside look at the Net Generation, Grown Up Digital is inspired by a $4 million private research study. New York Times bestselling author Don Tapscott has surveyed more than 11,000 young people. Instead of a bunch of spoiled "screenagers" with short attention spans and zero social skills, he discovered a remarkably bright community which has developed revolutionary new ways of thinking, interacting, working, and socializing.
Grown Up Digital reveals:
How the brain of the Net Generation processes information Seven ways to attract and engage young talent in the workforceSeven guidelines for educators to tap the Net Gen potentialParenting 2.0: There's no place like the new home Citizen Net: How young people and the Internet are transforming democracy
Today's young people are using technology in ways you could never imagine. Instead of passively watching television, the "Net Geners" are actively participating in the distribution of entertainment and information. For the first time in history, youth are the authorities on something really important. And they're changing every aspect of our society-from the workplace to the marketplace, from the classroom to the living room, from the voting booth to the Oval Office.
The Digital Age is here. The Net Generation has arrived. Meet the future.
Author: Don Tapscott
Number of Pages: 384
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education - Europe
Publication Date: 16 Dec 2009
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780071508636
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.