In this original memoir following Billy Idol from his childhood in England to his fame at the height of the punk-pop revolution, the iconic superstar tells the real story behind the sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll that he is famous for.
A member of the punk rock revolution whose music crossed over into the pop mainstream during the 1980s, Billy Idol is a rock 'n' roll legend. Dancing With Myselfwill cover the events and the people who shaped his life, his music, and his career, including accounts of his childhood in England and the U.S., his year at Sussex University, his membership in the Bromley Contingent, his period spent hanging out with the Sex Pistols, his time in Siouxsie and the Banshees, Chelsea, and Generation X. Idol also tackles his successful solo career, which involved collaboration with Steve Stevens and, ultimately, some of the most influential, ground-breaking music videos ever seen on MTV. In Dancing With Myself, Idol renders detailed accounts of his life's highs and lows with the unapologetically in-your-face attitude and exuberance that made him famous. In part a survivor's story, but equally a very funny and always riveting account of one man's creative drive.
Author: Billy Idol
Number of Pages: 336
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Ltd
Publication Date: 24 Sep 2015
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780857205605
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.