Country Life: how it is lived, how it has changed, and how the changes are far from over. An issue that ranges from English fox-hunters to the rice-planters of the Ganges delta. Featuring Tim Adams goes on a fox hunt, Craig Taylor returns to Akenfield thirty-five years after Ronald Blythe's landmark book, and Jeff Sharlet finds out what's eating rural Coloradans. Plus Margaret Atwood, James Hamilton-Paterson, Barry Lopez, Orhan Pamuk and Tim Winton on the weather.
Author: Ian Jack
Number of Pages: 256
Publisher: GRANTA BOOKS
Publication Date: 07 Jul 2005
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780903141789
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.