From the authors of the bestselling Chi Running, a game-changing training guide for injury-free long distance running. In Chi Marathon, Danny Dreyer, creator of the revolutionary ChiRunning program, highly respected running coach, and accomplished distance runner, takes a whole-body approach to long-distance running--much like T'ai Chi--making ease and efficiency of movement the prime goal of one's training. Chi Marathon is the first book to focus not on building stamina first (though that is covered here) but on how to run all those miles without harming your body. A staggering 80 to 90 percent of marathoners face injuries during their training. This book debunks the myth that marathoners need to push through and beyond pain, and presents a technique-based plan for pain- and injury-free, high-performance half and full marathons. Chi Marathon also shows how to improve your performance by developing your own race-specific training plan tailored to your event, and will help you cross the finish line feeling strong no matter your age, body type, or running ability. -Run a marathon or half marathon free of pain and injury -Transform your racing with the training triad: form, conditioning, and mastery -Tap into your chi, an energy source more powerful and enduring than muscles -Teach your mind and body to work together as a team and master your event This is the book that distance runners have been waiting for. With Chi Marathon you can enjoy the run and feel confident no matter the distance.
Number of Pages: 292
Publisher: SIMON & SCHUSTER
Publication Date: 01 Jun 2012
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781451617955
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.