The crooked smiling liar River West, who drove into Violet's life one summer day and shook her world to pieces, is gone. Violet and River's brother Neely are left to worry until they catch an eerie radio broadcast about strange events in a distant mountain town. They take off cross country in search of River, but are always a step behind, finding instead frenzied towns, witch hunts, and a wind whipped island with the thrum of something strange and dangerous just below the surface. It isn't long before Violet begins to wonder if Neely, the only one she thought trustworthy, has been hiding a secret of his own and for her, the devil always lurks in the shadow of a secret.
Author: April Genevieve Tucholke
Number of Pages: 352
Publisher: Penguin Putnam Inc
Publication Date: 15 Jan 2017
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780147509390
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.