`Sleek, beautiful, breathtakingly cunning prose' Sunday Times
Morrow - a clerkish, middle-aged type encumbered with a chain-smoking dying aunt and a considerable talent for wallowing - is at a loose end when, on two separate occasions, he is beckoned up the stairs of an empty Dublin house. The first is an offer of dubious work, and Morrow soon becomes caught up in a conspiracy to authenticate a series of fake paintings. The second, possibly even odder, is an offer of a love - of a sort. Written in typically luminous prose and featuring a rich cast of characters, Athena is a paean to art, painting, and love, in all its mercurial richness.
`One of the most profoundly intelligent, introspective novels of recent years, questioning the perceptions of author, narrator, reader and critic' Good Book Guide
`The consummately achieved and entrancing creation of a master of language: in the fullest sense a work of art' Scotsman
`Athena is a love letter to Morrow's passions, to love, to art and to the paintings he examines: works on classical themes, in which a moment's obsession, lust, loss and magic are preserved for ever' Literary Review
Volume Three of the Frames Trilogy
Author: John Banville
Number of Pages: 240
Publisher: Pan MacMillan
Publication Date: 05 Mar 2010
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780330371865
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.