Ana's story begins the day she is born with HIV, transmitted from her mother, who dies just a few years later. From then on, Ana's childhood becomes a blur of secrets--about her illness, her family, and the abuse she endures. Shuffled from home to home, Ana rarely finds safety or acceptance. But after she falls in love and becomes pregnant at seventeen, she embarks on a journey that leads her to new beginnings, new sorrows, and new hope.
Based on her work with UNICEF and inspired by the framework of one girl's life, Jenna Bush tells the story of many children around the world who are excluded from basic care, support, and education. Resources at the back of this book share how you can help children like Ana and protect yourself and others.
Author: Jenna Bush Hager
Number of Pages: 290
Publisher: HarperCollins s Inc
Publication Date: 10 Sep 2008
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780061379093
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- This book was traded in by a user. As part of our sustainability commitment, we are committing 1% of the profits to support sustainable initiatives.
- When you shop with Thryft, we help you do more with your purchase. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using more sustainable packaging options. Click here to learn more.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- We typically pack and dispatch orders within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- You can opt in for reusable e-commerce packaging if you are ordering 6 books or less! Click here to learn more.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store nor have access to your payment information.