This essay is a foray into the debatable borderland between history, technology and economics. On the history of technical processes there exist several works, pre-eminent among them the great five-volumed History of Technology. But few historians of technology have shown interest in the models of the economists; and the theorists have concentrated on analysis or on problems of contemporary technology. The present work is an attempt to re-examine some of the more familiar nineteenth-century developments in technology. It originated in lectures given at Columbia University in the autumn of 1958.
Author: H. J. Habakkuk
Number of Pages: 240
Publisher: CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS
Publication Date: 30 Sep 2008
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780521094474
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- This book was traded in by a user. As part of our sustainability commitment, we are committing 1% of the profits to support sustainable initiatives.
- When you shop with Thryft, we help you do more with your purchase. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books and clothes using more sustainable packaging options. Click here to learn more.
- Orders from Singapore above S$30 are eligible for free local delivery services.
- We typically pack and dispatch orders within 2-7 business days. After the order is dispatched, they typically arrive within the next business day. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- You can opt in for reusable e-commerce packaging if you are ordering 6 books or clothes or less! Click here to learn more.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store nor have access to your payment information.