Adland is a ground-breaking examination of modern advertising, from its origins and evolution to the current advertising landscape. Bestselling author and journalist Mark Tungate examines key developments in advertising, from copy adverts, radio and television, to the opportunities afforded by the explosion of digital media and then interviews leading names in advertising today, including Jean-Marie Dru, Sir Alan Parker, Sir John Hegarty and Sir Martin Sorrell, as well as 20th century industry luminaries such as Phil Dusenberry and George Lois.
Exploring the roots of the advertising industry in New York and London, from Hopkins and Lasker to the Mad Men of the 50s, Tungate then covers today's big communication groups and the emerging markets of Eastern Europe, Asia and Latin America. Adland offers a comprehensive examination of a global industry and suggests ways in which it is likely to develop in the future.
Author: Mark Tungate
Number of Pages: 272
Publisher: Kogan Page Ltd
Publication Date: 02 Dec 2013
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780749464318
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.