From the New York Times bestselling author of The Devil Wears Prada, a compulsively readable novel about a woman whose struggling singer-songwriter husband is catapulted to fame, dragging them both onto the pages of celebrity gossip magazines--and changing their marriage forever.
Brooke loved reading the dishy celebrity gossip rag Last Night. That is, until her marriage became a weekly headline...
For five years, she's worked two jobs to support her husband's dream of making it in the music world. Finally, after countless gigs at Manhattan dive bars and toiling as an A&R intern, the soulful, enigmatic Julian Alter gets signed by Sony, where he logs long hours in the recording studio with no promise of success. But when he is invited to perform on a national late-night talk show, he is catapulted to stardom--literally overnight.
At first the newfound fame is fun--who wouldn't want to stay at the Chateau Marmont or love being treated like rock royalty? But as Brooke's sweet husband becomes increasingly absent and tabloid rumors swirl, Brooke begins to question the truth about their marriage and is forced to finally come to terms with what she thinks she wants--and what she actually needs.
Author: Lauren Weisberger
Number of Pages: 384
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Publication Date: 14 Jun 2011
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781451611755
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- This book was traded in by a user. As part of our sustainability commitment, we are committing 1% of the profits to support sustainable initiatives.
- When you shop with Thryft, we help you do more with your purchase. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using more sustainable packaging options. Click here to learn more.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- We typically pack and dispatch orders within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- You can opt in for reusable e-commerce packaging if you are ordering 6 books or less! Click here to learn more.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store nor have access to your payment information.